Today in comparison of these two countries I’m going to compare: terrain, weather, sports, food, islands, volcanoes, capitals, faith, traditions, seas and of course – people.
Lets start of with the terrain. Lithuania: The terrain is marked by many small lakes and swamps, and a mixed forest zone covers over 33% of the country. Lithuania is pretty flat ,it doesn’t have a lot of mountains. On the other hand Italy is full of mountains, almost 40% of the Italian territory is mountainous. A little about the weather :In Lithuania It’s mostly very cold, barely warm. And it’s very rainy. Italy: Very hot, sunny rarely any storms or rain. Sports In these two countries are very different . In Lithuania they play basketball. Mainly because Lithuanians are very tall. On the other hand, in Italy they are short and they play soccer.
Italy gets washed by these Seas: the Adriatic sea , Ionian sea and Tyrrhenian sea. Lithuania gets washed only by the Baltic sea.
A little about Islands: Italy has 3 islands they are: Corsica, Sardinia and of course Sicily. Lithuania obviously doesn’t have any islands. Now about Volcanoes: Italy is a volcanically active country, containing the only active volcanoes in mainland Europe. Active and non active volcanoes: Ischia , Larderello , Linosa , Lipari , Panarea , Pantelleria , Roccamonfina , Sabatini complex , Salina , Montecristo , Mount Vesuvius, Vulsini , Monte Vulture etc. Lithuania has 0 volcanoes and that’s because were not in the seismic zone.
Capitals: Lithuania’s capital is Vilnius, containing 500k people . Italy’s capital is Rome , containing 2.6 mil. People. There is about as much people in Rome as in Lithuania.
Faith is the biggest thing that these countries have in common. They are both Catholic.
Traditions: Lithuania and Italy share mostly the same Traditional festivals because they are both Catholic.
- Which of the two countries is more mountainous? Lithuania or Italy?
- What’s the weather in Italy? How often does it storm in Italy?
- Why don’t Italians play basketball?
- By how many seas does Italy get washed? What are the names of those seas?
- How many Islands does Italy have? What are the names of those Islands?
- Is Lithuania a volcanically active country? Why?
- How many people does Lithuania’s capital have? Does Italy’s capital have less people or more?
- Are the traditions of Lithuania and Italy similar? Why?
- What county has the only active volcanoes in mainland Europe? Name several.
- Can an earthquake hit Lithuania? Why?